You can use the Error Pages feature page to manage a list of custom HTTP and ASP.NET error messages for your CloudSite. To configure your Error Pages, please follow the instructions below.
1. Login to your CloudSite through IIS Manager. Instructions for setting up and logging in can be found here.
2. After logging in to IIS Manager, double-click on the Error Pages module in the main window of IIS Manager.
3. To add a new Error Page, click on the Add button in the menu on the right hand side. A new window will pop up asking you for the following information:
- Status Code: Place the number of the error code you wish to setup a custom Error Page for.
- Response Action:
- Static File: Path to the file that you wish for the error code to show.
- Execute URL: Relative URL of custom error page you wish to show.
- 302 Redirect: 302 redirect to the absolute URL of the error page you wish to show.
4. Click OK when you have finished setting up the new Error Page.
5. If you wish to edit or remove an error page that already exists, highlight the error page in the list in the main window, then click on the Edit or Remove button in the menu on the right hand side. The options for editing an Error Page are the same as the options for creating a new error page above.
Adding ASP.NET Error Pages
Creating .NET Error Pages can be done through its own IIS module which can be found on the main page of IIS Manager or through the link at the bottom of this page under "Related Articles"
Detailed Error Pages
Detailed errors can be enabled under the Error Pages module in IIS. Open the module in IIS Manager and click on Edit Feature Settings on the far right hand side. Choose the option for "detailed errors" and click ok. This will display full errors, as if in debug mode. It is recommend to disable this when your site is in production as it can give away some security info.