FTP (short for File Transfer Protocol), is the most common method used for moving your website files from your local computer to our Cloud. GearHost fully supports FTP and automatically sets up your CloudSites™ v3 account to use this powerful technology. All that is necessary is for you to download your FTP client of choice (we suggest FileZilla), and to create a unique FTP account to login with.
Create an FTP User
1. Click on the FTP User Manager button in the myCloud v3 management console.
2. Click on the Create New FTP Account button to create a new FTP user for your CloudSite domain.
3. Fill in the following information:
- User name: Fill in the user name you wish to use, remember this is only part of the user name.
Note: Username must be at least 8 characters long.
- Password: Fill in the password you wish to use for the FTP user.
Note: Password must be 8 characters long and must contain at least 1 lowercase, 1 uppercase and 1 numeric value.
- Home Directory: Select "CloudSite Root Folder" so that this FTP user can view future domains as well.
- Permissions: These are the permissions you wish to give the FTP user. Either "Read Only" access, or you can grant "Read and Write".
4.After you are filling in the fields, click on the Create New FTP Account button towards the bottom of the page to create the user.