You may need to restart Internet Information Services (IIS) before certain configuration changes take effect, or when applications become unavailable. IIS is the web server on your GearHost CloudServer. Often, the first step in troubleshooting issues with your website is to restart IIS. Follow the instructions below to restart IIS.
4. At the command prompt, type iisreset /start.
5. That’s it! IIS has been restarted.
- Typing iisreset directly from the run command window will reset IIS.
- iisreset /status will show the current status of IIS
- iisreset /noforce will prevent the server from forcing close applications and process. This can cause IIS to reset slower but is more graceful.
- C:\>iisreset /stop
- Attempting stop...
- Internet services successfully stopped